You as R&D Engineer will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business-based Bangalore, you shall be supporting Testing and Lab activities relevant to our automation solutions. You shall act under the guidance of Senior R&D engineers giving your contribution in the execution of the testing activities. Under guidance you shall as well contribute on specific tasks to the development work.
- Designing implementation, validation and testing of power system relevant control strategies.
- Supporting complete R&D project life cycle, from design to testing.
- Giving demo or presentations to other team members or product managers about the solutions.
- Supporting in definition or execution or documentation of test cases.
- Bachelor or master’s degree, preferred in Electrical Engineering, with focus on Power System domain.
- 3 – 8 years of experience in digital control applied to Power Systems.
- Experience in automation platforms (DCS and PLC; IEC 61131 languages). Eager to apply simulated and validated concepts on real automation platform.
- Sound Knowledge on industrial communication protocols like- IEC61850, IEC60870-101/104, Modbus, DNP3.0, Profibus, can bus etc.
- Experience with Power Electronics and control of Power Electronics devices connected to the grid.
- Sound knowledge of related products (switchgear, sensors, automation) and power system integration is a plus
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing.
Company: Hitachi ABB