The successful candidate will be a part of the Technical Support team that focuses on systems and connectivity and will be intimately involved in troubleshooting customer issues directly as well as that are escalated by the Regional Tech Support team. This involves thorough analysis of system and connectivity performance errors in the field, driving to root cause, and communication/cooperation with internal teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Acts as the first point of contact when a Customer/Field Engineer requires assistance with connectivity issue.
- Provide technical assistance to Technical support, application specialists, and field engineers by telephone, remote access, and e-mail,
- Responds to escalation requests for connectivity and system-related complaints with a sense of urgency within defined SLAs.
- Conduct advanced data analysis and troubleshooting applying a deep understanding of underlying instrument, software and operating system functionality
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving software, and other network and system problems.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
Collaborates with R&D, quality, and regional commercial teams to drive investigations to resolution
- Monitors complaint trends to highlight performance issues as soon as they start to surface
Creates, approves, and disseminates technical documents, training, and other tools to the rest of the organization to drive continuous improvement
- Act as a knowledge resource for the Technical Support Team
- Works with colleagues who are in different geographies
- Adhere to Quality Management System procedures
- Maintain product knowledge and support continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to quality compliance through accurate and concise complaint documentation
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager or Supervisor
Training Responsibilities (Required)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time and keep the records data for any future audit(s)
- Complete all compliance and internal training within the stipulated timeline.
- Train internal associates and new hires on the technical support modules and CRM.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/ electronics / IT with 4+ years of relevant experience in clinical laboratory Information Management
- System/instrumentation/software/systems or in Technical Support with an emphasis on advanced computer networking /connectivity or related technical discipline.
- Master’s Degree with minimum 2+ of related work experience
Knowledge and skills
- Fluent English (written and oral) is required
- Experience using and/or troubleshooting the following is required:
- IT and computer networking/communication protocols
- Network security, LAN, and WAN.
- Wireless equipment, protocols, standards, and wireless LAN design.
- MS Windows Operating systems and databases (MS SQL)
- Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and HL7
- Knowledge of automation and IVD systems and software
- Knowledge and use of commercial computer application packages (MS Office)
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com (or similar CRM System) a plus
- Able to follow complex procedures and processes
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious & self-motivated with ability to learn a complex technology platform quickly
- Proactively analyzes complex problems, draw conclusions and propose precise action plans
- Works independently in a structured manner with the ability to prioritize critical tasks
- Builds collaborative work relationships with different teams, including Field Service, Sales, Marketing and Quality
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Available to work different shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- May include extended computer and telephone work involving repetitive arm/wrist motions
- May include occasional overnight travel
- The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.