With The Legend of Zelda being the super popular – and super good – series that it is, it’s hardly surprising that so many developers aim to create new experiences inspired by or based upon its gameplay. Elementallis is the latest title to do just that, and it’s just secured itself a release on Switch.
From indie developer Iván Ruiz Lozano, Elementallis is described as “a classic top-down adventure with a modernized retro aesthetic.” The game’s been generating funds on Kickstarter for around a week now, and with another 24 days still to go, it’s already gathered more than double its original €18,000 goal.
The Kickstarter page says that Elementallis is “mimicking the style and feel of classic 2D Zelda games,” and we’re certainly getting the Zelda vibes from the trailer above. Players can expect to explore a “vast” world, conquer dungeons, and restore ‘Elements’ to solve puzzles along the way.
“As a son of elementallists, you took part on the disruption of the Elements and now you’ll need to travel the world and restore them with the aid of your newly met Elemental. Explore the lands of Elregir, help its inhabitants, face enemies and strong bosses and solve puzzles in your quest to restore the Elements and bring back the world to its former balance.”
– Prove your worth in the 8 dungeons, full of puzzles, secrets, enemies and bosses.
– Use the Elements to fight, solve puzzles and uncover previously inaccessible areas in a metroidvania-esque style.
– Discover the 8 different biomes and help its inhabitants.
– Fight in real-time combat and defeat your foes using the Elements wisely to exploit their weaknesses.
– Experience a story about growth and overcoming guilt.
The game’s aiming for a June 2022 launch on Switch and other platforms; if you’d like to learn more or back the project, you can visit the Kickstarter page right here.
What do you think? Does Elementallis look like it has potential? Will you be backing the Kickstarter? Let us know in the comments.
Thanks to Joey for the tip!